This photo of a Douglas C-47 Skytrain was taken by Cole in 1984 while he was pumping off a load of diesel fuel at MacDowel Lake, northeast of Red Lake. It was built in Oklahoma City in 1942 for the U.S. Air Force and immediately transferred to the Royal Air Force. The British used it during the invasion of Europe. After the war, it was transferred to the RCAF, flown back across the Atlantic, and overhauled in Montreal by Canadair in 1953. It then served in Winnipeg as a navigation trainer until 1975 when it was sold by Crown Assets to Austin Airways. It was operated by them until 1986 and was destroyed in a crash at Sachigo Lake.