Town user fees will be going up by 1.2 percent in 2016.
Town council will vote tonight on a report to direct division managers to affect the user fee increase in the 2016 user fee schedule.
The 1.2 percent hike is reflective of the Ontario Consumer Price Index.
User fees also will be reviewed by the various executive committees next week to see if any specific fees should be stay the same as the 2015 rate, or be altered by more or less than 1.2 percent.
The 1.2 percent does not apply to water and sewer rates, which are determined separately during the budget process.
The committee of the whole meeting starts first at 5:30 p.m., but will be in-camera for an unspecified period of time.
Other business on tonight’s agenda includes:
- a presentation from Jacquee Loerzel re: the November “Shine the Light” campaign;
- a project update re: the Rainy Lake Hotel demolition and market square development;
- a verbal update on capital projects;
- a bylaw to designate Lots 113 and 114 Plan SM-50, for the property known as 1020 and 1022 Third St. E., to not be on a registered plan of subdivision;
- a bylaw to approve an agreement with Fort Frances Curling Club with respect to payment of tax arrears;
- a recommendation re: the Boundary Waters Dragon Boat Festival’s financial request
- a purchase card expense claim for Fort Frances CAO Mark McCaig;
- a travel and per diem claim for Coun. Doug Kitowski;
- a request for an encroachment agreement at 353 Scott St.;
- the awarding of a tender to run the municipal landfill;
- the awarding of a tender to supply flowers to the town in 2016;
- an advertising request from New Gold;
- a recommendation re: a zoning matter at 1229 King’s Highway; and
- a recommendation re: an expansion to the toddler program at the Fort Frances Children’s Complex.