The Fort Frances Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the newly sworn-in board of directors for 2019-20.
Those sitting on the board include:
- Gina Pope, Commercial Account Executive, Gillons' Insurance Brokers;
- Travis Green, Owner, Green's BrandSource Home Furnishings;
- Blair Anderson, Co-owner, Betty's of Fort Frances;
- Katy Trimble, Advertising Consultant, 93.1 The Border;
- Diane Gibson, Owner, Gibson Design;
- Ramiro Matias, Small Business Account Manager, RBC Royal Bank;
- Bonnie Faragher, Front Desk Manager, La Place Rendez-Vous;
- Kim Nicholson, Front Desk, Super 8 Motel;
- Cathy Tysz, Case Manager, Northern Community Development Services;
- Katie Trigg, Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust;
- Cathy Emes, Retired;
- Sandra Turner, Campus Manager, Confederation College; and
- Joanne Bliss, Registered Insurance Broker, Causeway General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
One board of director seat remains vacant.
The Chamber is looking forward to working with our new board, and to be guided by its strengths, as we move forward on a number of exciting membership, policy, and programming initiatives.
The new board members will be led by the newly-elected executive that will be comprised of Emes (president), Green (first vice-president), Matias (treasurer), and Mark Caron of M.L. Caron Electric (past president).
The position of second vice-president remains vacant for now.
The board of directors for 2019-20 also includes:
- Coun. Michael Behan, appointee, Town of Fort Frances;
- Christine Jourdain, appointee, Couchiching First Nation;
- Angela Halvorsen, appointee, Rainy River Future Development Corp.; and
- Jennifer Soderholm, Chamber executive director.
The Chamber sincerely would like to thank outgoing board members Paul Noonan, Jordan Forbes, Mike Canfield, Tim Spence, Pam MacKinnon, Kerry Zucchiatti, Bob Hamilton, and Doug Anderson for their hard work and dedication to the organization during their time of service.