Ontario is reporting 115 new cases of COVID-19 today.
It's the first time in more than a week that the province has seen more than 100 new cases of the novel coronavirus in a day.
The total is now 40,161, with 36,381 marked as resolved and 2,786 deaths.
Health Minister Christine Elliott acknowledges the “slight uptick” but says the trend in the province remains downward.
The minister also says 28 out of 34 of the province's public health units are reporting five or fewer new cases, while 18 are reporting none.
The province says it processed 22,275 tests over the last 24 hours.
Meanwhile, the Windsor-Essex region will join the rest of Ontario in Stage 3 of the province's reopening plan on Wednesday.
The provincial government made the announcement Monday morning.
Ontario's chief medical officer of health, Dr. David Williams, said he made the decision based on positive local trends, including lower transmission rates, a significant increase in testing and the local public health unit's capacity to conduct rapid case and contact management.
Outbreaks among migrant workers on farms in the region had previously held Windsor-Essex back from Stage 3, which the rest of the province entered throughout July.