Rainy River First Nations
1. Overseeing of all Band fi nancial management.
2. Establish direct contact and liaison with Crown government agencies
and departments (particularly that of Indigenous Services Canada),
private industry and any other individuals, groups or agencies affecting
Rainy River First Nation in a fi nancial capacity.
3. Ensure the approved provision of records and documents are available
and provided to all relevant governments and agencies, when
4. Ensure that all business and operations of Rainy River First Nation are
conducted in a responsible and ethical way
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensures an annual review of the RRFN fi nancial system
- Has the authority to and responsibility for the implementation of the
- Oversee the annual operating budgets
- Oversees and supervises all fi nancial operations of the Band
- Provides leadership and advice to Chief and Council in the management
of fi nancial affairs of the Rainy River First Nation and its entities.
There may be other relevant responsibilities assigned
as requested by Chief and Council
Experience and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary education in business related fi elds, fi nance and
Aboriginal studies is preferred.
- Masters degree considered an asset.
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally in a management role for a First
Nations organization, with responsibility for the following areas: fi nancial
management, budgeting, grant and report writing.
- Extensive experience in the development and completion of capital
- Extensive working knowledge of Financial Administrative Law and
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), fi nancial management,
budgeting, and public administration.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Must be in compliance with Rainy River First Nation’s drug testing policy
- Must provide a criminal background check that is satisfactory to Rainy
River First Nations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle access or reliable means of
- Must maintain strict client confi dentiality and abide by the Rainy River
First Nations’ Personnel Policy;
- Must sign and abide by Oath of Confi dentiality
- Must be fl exible with work hours, which will include evenings and
Please apply through e-mail or in writing by 4:00 PM on Tuesday,
August 4, 2020. Application must include a cover letter, current resume and
two (2) employment references with permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450 Emo, On P0W 1E0
OR Email: email@example.com