Seven Generations Education Institute requires a Nurse Coordinator/
Instructor. The Nurse Coordinator/Instructor will be responsible for
planning and co-ordinating and teaching. The Nurse Coordinator/Instructor
must have a nursing degree and a Master’s Degree, preferred. The Nurse
Coordinator/Instructor will teach the students about the complexities and
major responsibilities of becoming a nurse.
The Nurse Co-ordinator/Instructor will have knowledge of how nurses work
in different areas of the healthcare sector(s), such as patient’s homes, hospitals,
clinics, schools, rehabilitation centers, community centres, outpatient and
mental health facilities, ambulatory care centers and private physician’s clinics.
The Nurse Co-ordinator/Instructor will be responsible for providing
guidance and support to the assigned program(s) in the Health disciplines.
Supervisor: Education Coordinator in Health Disciplines
and the Director of Post-Secondary Education
Duration: Full time
Location: Fort Frances, Ontario
1) Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as well as strong
interpersonal skills, organizational and computer skills,
2) Familiar and comfortable with instructing in online learning environment,
3) Understanding of cultural infl uences and issues specifi c to adult learners in
4) Demonstrates and teaches patient care in classroom and clinical
units to nursing students and instructs students in principles and
application of physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to
Lectures to students, conducts and supervises laboratory work, issues,
assignments, and directs seminars and panels.
5) Supervises student nurses and demonstrates patient care in clinical units
of the hospital or health care setting.
6) Prepares and administers examinations, evaluates student progress, and
maintains records of student classroom and clinical experience.
7) Participates in planning curriculum, teaching schedule, and the course
8) Cooperates with medical and nursing personnel in evaluating and
improving teaching and nursing practices.
9) May specialize in specifi c subject(s), such as anatomy, chemistry, psychology,
nutrition, or in type of nursing activity, such as nursing of medical or surgical
10) Participates in program development, program promotion and student
- RN License.
- Master’s, preferred/Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BScN) required.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervised experience as an RN.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BLS) required.
- Knowledgeable regarding the nursing process and its application, including
the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrated ability to assist patients, family members or other clients
with concern and empathy; respecting their confi dentiality and privacy and
communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- A well-defi ned sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, confl ict
resolution, and people management skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, fl exibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to
identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong morals and ethics.
Please apply in writing by 12:00 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday June 30, 2020.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including three
(3) employment related references, one (1) must be from a current or recent
Please submit these documents to the attention of:
Seven Generations Education Institute
P.O. Box 297, 1452 Idylwild Drive
Fort Frances, Ontario
Fax #: (807) 274-8761 or email email@example.com
We would like to thank everyone for their application, but only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation
in the recruitment process is available upon request. For a complete job
description: please contact Michelle Allan, Director of Human Resources. Due
to the physical distancing restrictions in place, interviews will be done via,
Zoom or Skype. (Posted: June 17, 2020)