Naicatchewenin First Nation
Internal/ External Posting
The Special Education Assistant will be responsible entirely for
individuals on a one-to-one basis. The individual will be required to
assist and monitor student academic programming as instructed by
the Teacher. The Special Education Assistant will report directly to the
Director of Operations.
- To assist with the teachers in the preparation, implementation and
assessment of the individual education plan.
- To ensure a safe environment through close supervision.
- To assist in the preparation and operation of instructional materials
- To maintain strict confi dentiality at all times.
- To collaborate with school personnel and other professional staff with
- Must abide with the Naicatchewenin First Nation Personnel Policy and
the Board of Education Policies and Procedures.
- Respect and show sensitivity towards students with varied
background, abilities, socio-economic and educational status.
- Complete job description available upon request.
- A Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Educational Assistant Course or 2 years work experience in the
related fi eld.
- Eff ective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and must have own access to a vehicle.
Requirements: Current Resume, Cover Letter, 3 References
Jody Smith, Human Resources Offi cer, firstname.lastname@example.org
R.R.#1 Box 15
Contact Information: (807)486-3407 ext. 208
Closing Date: Friday, January 17, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) CST
As per Naicatchewenin Drug Testing Policy, the successful applicant will
be required to submit a drug test as a condition of employment. No late
applicants will be accepted.
at Crossroads School