THE ANISHINAABEG OF
LANDS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Invites applications for the position of
Under the direct supervision of the Lands Management Director and/
or Lands Manager, the Lands Research Coordinator shall maintain
a variety of duties as outlined below.
Education: Preference shall be given to Post Secondary education
applicants, however, College diplomas’ or certifications and/or 1 to 5
years employment related experience working in lands or environment
shall be considered.
Job summary: The purpose of this employment opportunity is the
recognition of the Lands Management Program as the ability of the
First Nation to manage and control First Nation Reserve lands. This
initiative requires the successful applicant to acknowledge and abide
by the laws and policies of the Anishinaabeg of Naongashiing as well
as recognizing the needs of new policy direction within the program.
- Prepare and manage projects
- Prepare and submit reports on all projects
- Maintain, collect and input all data
- Maintain all information in a filing cabinet and computer program for
historical records of Naongashiing.
- Have knowledge of traditional land based activities (food supply fish, wild rice, maple, wildlife, aviary), (historical landmarks and areas
of interest), territories (explain the significance of each Reserve
under Naongashiing), gravesites (potential areas and highlight on a
map), hunting and gathering areas.
- Maintain all equipment of the program.
- Provide a historical pamphlet for future use.
- Have the physical capacity to go out into the field for gathering data
(by boat and/ or skidoo).
- Have knowledge of the Lake.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs with strong
emphasis on Word and email.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good technical skills and/or willing to learn new skills.
- Experience in presenting at the community level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send applications to: Georgina Maxfield - First Nation Manager
Anishinaabeg of Naongashiing
Deadline: Wednesday October 23rd at Noon.