It’s been 75 years since “Green’s Furniture” first became a household name in Fort Frances.
It all started at 517 Mowat Ave., across the street from its present location, with entrepreneur R.V. “Rusty” Green. The store moved to where it is today in 1948, with Rusty’s son, Van, taking over its management in 1958.
Van passed the business to his sons, Dave and Bob, in 1991.