The last two days of September, I hitched a ride with Joe and Bev Kozachenko to Thunder Bay. They visited their daughter and family, the John Clairs, while I visited my daughter, the Abey family.
The timing was perfect for the fall colours, with a picture of gold, green, and red around every bend in the highway. To top it off, a big moose with a beautiful rack of horns walked out to the side of the road.
We also visited the Belluz farm market. They had mounds of pumpkins, very small to huge, many varieties of squash new to me, and a corn field with a maze to walk through.
A great place for children and adults, too!
- • • On Thanksgiving weekend, Susan Abey and son, Dalton, of Thunder Bay visited here. Our family turkey dinner was held Saturday at Bob and Nancy Fretter’s as Susan returned to Thunder Bay on Sunday while Tanis Fretter was returning to Teulon on Monday. Bev, Joe, Tracy, and Keri joined us in the afternoon and evening.
- • • The Emo Museum’s closing tea is slated Monday, Oct. 15 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. A luncheon of soup, sandwiches, and dainties will be featured, aas well as a draw for a quilt.
- • • Margaret Rahn and Ramona Smith returned Thursday from a four-day bus tour by Winnipeg White Owl Bus Co. to Hinckley, Mn. They enjoyed the fall colours, great food, and went shopping at the Mall of America. But the highlight of the trip was attending a performance by Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings in a large outdoor amphitheater in Hinckley.
- • • A fish fry is slated at the Brink Center in Baudette this Friday from 4-7 p.m., followed by dancing to Kelly’s Old-Time Band. The rest of the month’s schedule features the Frontiersmen on Oct. 19 and the Sindelir Band on Oct. 26. At the Legion in Emo, dancing to Glenn Hart’s Band is slated this Saturday (Oct. 13) from 8 p.m. until midnight.
- • • The fall program at the Off Lake Covenant Church has started. Adult and youth Sunday School began Oct. 7 while the weekly prayer meeting began today (Oct. 10). Discovery Club began last Friday (Oct. 5) as did the Hi-League. They could still use some helpers for the Discovery Club. Sonny and Marg Ferris will be leading this year and would love to have you help them minister to these kids. If you would like to help out, please talk to Sonny and Marg.
- • • Remember the fall talent show and supper coming up Sunday, Oct. 14 at 5:30 p.m.
- • • Happy birthday to Mrs. Gordon Clink. She turns 100 today (Oct. 10), which was celebrated Oct. 7 at the Emo Health Centre.