Winners at the cribbage games Wednesday, July 31, at the Legion in Emo, were: High--Darlyne Bruce and Jerr Allan; Consolations--Donna Morrish and Jane Allen.
The door prize winner was Darlyne Bruce.
- • • This past week, Maryse Melanson arrived to visit with grandparents, Margaret and Paul Melanson. She flew from Kitchener to Winnipeg and was met by her uncle and aunt, David and Michelle Beaushene, of Nestor Falls. Margaret motored to Nestor Falls to pick up the vacationing gal. Her dad, Brian Melanson, will be arriving here in the next week to also visit with his parents, sister and family at Nestor Falls.
- • • My wife’s uncle, David Hartnell, of Arizona, came from Thunder Bay last Monday visited briefly here over lunch at the Circle D Family Restaurant. He was enroute to Seattle, staying overnight at Baudette, visiting with few relatives there. His family in Seattle have planned a party for his 82nd birthday, and there was no way he was going to miss it. David and Marg Douglas had been spending most of their time at David’s retreat in Arizona.
- • • The past week on my rural rounds, I had visited with Morley municipal clerk, Anna Boiley, inquiring about their centennial progress. This is all being taken care of by the committee headed by Colleen Jolicoeur, who can be contacted at 483-5330. Celebrations will be held Aug. 1-4, 2003. Presently a historical book is being compiled, this will include two townships, Morley and Pattullo.
- • • Having spoken to Emo Reeve Russ Fortier on Saturday, he mentioned, “the district is ready to ship hay to the stricken areas in Sask. and Alberta,” but CN Rail have no cars available for shipping. “I’ll keep on trying,” noted Fortier. We will get the hay shipments there one way or another.
- • • Born to Trisha McQuaker and Dale Faragher (a first for the parents and grandparents), a baby girl was delivered at Riverside Health Care Facilities at Fort Frances, Ont. on Saturday, Aug. 3, 2002 at 7:32 a.m. Weighing 6 lbs. 4 oz. She answers to Michaela Daelynn. Maternal grandparents Marilyn Faragher, all of Emo. Mother and daughter are doing fine at home.
- • • A birthday celebration of Iris Draper’s 85th on Sunday, Aug. 11, from 2-4 p.m. at the Queen Street Manor. Everyone is welcome to the come-and-go tea in her honour.
- • • Anniversary congratulations to Stewart and Debra Firth on Tuesday, Aug. 13, Theo and Marie-Ann DeGroot on Aug. 2 (21st), Jack and Wilma Esselink on Tuesday, Aug. 6 (20). And happy birthdays to Thys Sinninghe Friday, Aug. 2, (turning 80) and Leo Boersma, Monday, Aug. 5 (86th). Get well wishes to Jan Van Zwol His heart bypass surgery went well in Winnipeg. Jan is looking good and feels great. He’s been to church the past two Sundays. The family expresses their thanks to their many friends and relatives who responded with their prayers and kindness.