The victims of a fatal house fire which occurred Saturday at Shoal Lake #40 First Nation have been identified as local resident Stanley Anderson, 43, and Emily Fraser, 31, of Whitedog First Nation.
A post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death for both victims was consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation, pending the results of further toxicological testing.
The Ontario Fire Marshal’s Office, Kenora OPP, and Shoal Lake First Nation Police are continuing to investigate the cause of the fire, which was reported just before 2 p.m. on Saturday.
The residence was destroyed in the fire.
This fire is not considered to be suspicious, police said.