Get a second opinion on your resume from your local employment experts!
This Employment Ontario service is funded by the Ontario government.
Site Environmental Manager
Rainy River Resources Ltd. is a publicly-traded company that is developing the Rainy River Gold Project in Northwestern Ontario. Initial construction is planned for the mid-2014 and we now have an opportunity for an experienced Site Environmental Manager to join our team.
Based in our Emo Office and transitioning to the site operation in late 2013, you will report to the Vice President, Environmental and Sustainability. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Implement and manage all construction and operation phase permits and authorizations
• Interact and consult with First Nations communities as related to the permitting process
• Develop and mentor junior technical environmental staff
• Travel in and around the RRGP site to FN and Métis communities on behalf of the Company, as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
• University Degree in Environmental Science or Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum of 5-10 years related experience working at a mining operation, while overseeing the implementation of adaptive environmental management plans
• Experience working with First Nations and Métis communities within Canada
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Liaises well with management, staff and all external parties
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and to develop and motivate junior staff
• Self-motivated, flexible, confident and professional
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
• Preference will be given to candidates with direct gold mining
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity to work with our
experienced team as we focus on developing the Rainy River Gold Project, please apply in confidence to email@example.com