Everyone's employment journey is different! Visit NCDS today for one-of-a-kind service.
United Native Friendship Centre-Aboriginal Healing & Wellness Worker
Aboriginal Healing & Wellness Worker
(Contract Position--Maternity Leave, July 2012 - July 2013)
The United Native Friendship Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Aboriginal Healing & Wellness Worker
Summary of Position:
To ensure that the healing and wellness needs of the Aboriginal community are addressed by implementing the Aboriginal Healing and Wellness Strategy at the local level in order to reduce family violence, promote healthy lifestyles, culture-based programming and healing.
• Social Services diploma
• 3-5 years work experience in the area of Social Services
• Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture(s) common to the areas to be served
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Group facilitation skills
• Knowledge and experience working with Aboriginal people
• Knowledge and experience working within the Aboriginal
culture-based healing and wellness fields
• Excellent computer skills
• Knowledge of databases
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Superior ability to work to deadlines with minimum supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Possess the ability to successfully facilitate multiple interest situations
• Strong advocate of Aboriginal people and a proponent of
• Good management and planning skills
• Knowledge of community resources
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
• Must provide a Criminal Reference Check prior to employment
Please send cover letter, resume and three references
(minimum of one work related) to:
Personnel Selection Committee
United Native Friendship Centre
516 Portage Avenue
P.O. Box 752
Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3N1
Closing Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, at 4:00 p.m.
A complete job description is available at the United Native
Friendship Centre, 516 Portage Avenue, Fort Frances.
Note: Thank you to all who apply but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.