Town council permitted the five-year pre-payment by New Gold to advertise on the arena zamboni for a total amount of $5,722.25, plus applicable taxes, at its regular meeting Monday night.
Also at Monday’s meeting, council:
- approved the request, on behalf of the local Salvation Army, to permit the construction of an accessibility ramp in the boulevard fronting 353 Scott St. and further that an agreement to set out the obligations in regards to construction and maintenance of same be prepared, with authorizing bylaw;
- agreed to the Administration & Finance executive committee’s recommendation that the Boundary Water Dragon Boat Festival Club be requested to provide 2014 and 2015 financial statements, which will be reviewed prior to forwarding its financial request to the 2016 budget process;
- awarded the tender for operation of the landfill site to Tom Veert Contracting for a five-year term from Nov. 1, 2015-Oct. 31, 2020 at a monthly operational cost of $18,900 plus applicable taxes, and passed the accompanying bylaw;
- authorized the purchase of 5,292 dozen flowers from Hammond’s Landscaping, at a cost of $19,262.88 (taxes extra), for Parks and Cemeteries in 2016; and
- sanctioned an expansion of the toddler program at the Fort Frances Children’s Complex with an estimated $30,000 renovation, and that the Children’s Complex Projects Reserve Fund finance the project.