Town council has amended the town’s traffic control bylaw to allow for new loading zones and remove special parking restrictions.
Council approved the following changes at its meeting Monday night:
- the addition of a loading zone on the south side of Scott Street, commencing from a point 41 metres east of Mowat Avenue and continuing for 6.7 metres;
- the addition of a loading zone on the north side of the 300 block of Scott Street, adjacent to 310 Scott St.; and
- the addition of a loading zone on the west side of Victoria Avenue, commencing from a point 35 metres north of Scott Street and continuing northerly for 6.7 metres.
Council also approved the deletion of restricted parking areas (i.e., no parking from 8-9 a.m. and 3-4 p.m. during the school year) on the following streets:
- both sides of Third Street East from Armit to Christie;
- both sides of Christie Avenue from Third Street East to Fourth Street East; and
- both sides of Fourth Street East from Armit to Crowe.
All parking in these areas will revert back to calendar parking.
These changes will have no effect on how “Kiss ’N Ride” is done at Robert Moore School.