Town council is being recommended to endorse guidelines for usage of the Rainy Lake Square at its regular meeting tonight.
The guidelines include allowing bar and restaurant businesses with catering endorsements to sell alcohol at events at the Rainy Lake Square, as well as the prohibition of smoking in the square.
The guidelines also outline reservations and user fees.
The recommendation of the Administration and Finance executive committee also states these rules will be used for the operations of the Rainy Lake Square on a trial basis this year, and assessed at the end of the season prior to finalizing 2019 user fees.
The meeting will follow the committee of the whole meeting, which starts at 5:30 p.m. but will begin with an in-camera discussion of three items regarding a governance update, a potential policy implementation, and a land inquiry.
Other business on council's agenda includes:
- a recommendation re: a FFHS “Chem-Free” Grad committee donation request;
- a recommendation re: possible “lame duck council”;
- an updated policy re: volunteer firefighter employment;
- a recommendation re: airport insurance;
- recommendations re: 2017 capital financing and contributions to reserve funds;
- a recommendation re: 2018 tax ratios;
- a recommendation re: waiving calendar parking on Nelson Street during the District 1A Senior Games to be held here June 5-6;
- the awarding of a tender for the purchases of three vehicles;
- a per diem claim for Coun. Ken Perry;
- applications for tax adjustment at 740 Sixth St. W. (2017 and 2018);
- a letter requesting financial support for the District 1A Senior Games;
- a letter from a resident re: a Public Works invoice;
- a letter from the Fort Frances Canadian Bass Championship re: support of this year's tournament; and
- five bylaws including two zoning amendments, a site plan control agreement with the Northwest District Catholic School Board, snow and ice removal from sidewalks and road allowances, and the sale of two lots in the industrial park.