You are here

School name contest closed

Category: 

In the story 'School name on board's agenda' in yesterday's Bulletin, it was reported that the Northwest Catholic District School Board would be accepting submissions from the public until April 26 in regards to the naming contest for the new K-8 consolidated school.

At last night's board meeting, Superintendent of Education Jackie Robinson said that in the time since the School Naming Committee wrote the report for the board that was included in the meeting agenda, the committee had decided that leaving the contest open until the 26 left them with a tight timeline in which to complete the following steps of the naming procedure.

As such, Robinson said to the board that the committee agreed the deadline for public submission would be changed to the end of day yesterday (April 16).

Robinson also noted that the change in date had been shared along with the submission form when it was first put out to the public.

The School Naming Committee planned to meet today to continue onto the next phase of the naming procedure.

The Times apologizes for any confusion this may have caused.

Free story: 
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Google icon
LinkedIn icon
Pinterest icon
Reddit icon
e-mail icon