The Northern Ontario School of Medicine is seeking two individuals to join its board of directors this September.
The NOSM is more than a medical school; it is a strategy to address the health needs of Northern Ontarians, improve access to quality care, and contribute to the economic development of Northern Ontario.
People, communities, and organizations across the north had a dream that everyone in the region—no matter where they live—deserve access to quality health care.
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine is looking for individuals with appropriate expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- knowledge of and experience in indigenous health care, policy or administration, and governance;
- expertise in financial management and oversight with designation, including financial reporting and auditing requirements of a complex private- or public-sector organization;
- legal expertise and experience;
- current NOSM learner and/or NOSM alumni; and/or
- expertise in or experience with fundraising, social media, and public relations.
In keeping with the social accountability mandate, and with an aim to increase the participation of under-represented groups at NOSM, preference will be given to indigenous and Francophone applicants.
Those interested, who have the skill set and experience identified, are encouraged to apply online at nosm.ca/boardrecruitment
The deadline for submissions is March 15.
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine is committed to the education of high-quality physicians and health professionals, and to international recognition as a leader in distributed, learning-centered, community-engaged education and research.