Construction of new multi-residential units on the riverfront here will begin this summer.
Town council passed a bylaw at its regular meeting Monday night to sell certain municipal lands located at Front Street and Minnie Avenue to 1995031 Ontario Ltd. at a cost of $193,500.
Grace Cridland, president of 1995031 Ontario Ltd., told the Times two separate structures—a four-plex and a three-plex—will be built on the property starting this summer.
The units being built are roughly 1,500 square feet on a slab, two or three bedrooms with an attached two-car garage, she added.
Cridland noted five of the seven units already have been sold.
Anyone interested in the remaining two are asked to call 284-2607 for more info.
Also at Monday night's meeting, council:
- referred a donation request from the Br. #29 Legion Ladies Auxiliary to the Administration and Finance executive committee for its recommendation, with input from the Community Services executive committee (the auxiliary is hosting the 49th Biennial Provincial Convention on June 14-17, 2019);
- referred a letter from the Ontario Good Roads Association, re: preferred autonomous vehicles test corridor, to the Operations and Facilities executive committee for its recommendation;
- approved the adjustment of 2017 taxes for property located at 605 McIrvine Rd. and 1008 Walker Ave. resulting from a change of property use from taxable to exempt;
- passed a bylaw to approve a general service agreement with Commercial Credit Adjusters Ltd. re: collection services for unpaid Provincial Offences Act (POA) fines;
- passed a bylaw to approve an agreement with Miller Environmental Corp. to host Household Hazardous Waste Day here in September;
- passed a bylaw to execute an agreement with Makkinga Contracting and Equipment Rentals to do the Mill Road overpass reconstruction project; and
- passed a bylaw to enter into an agreement with Infrastructure Ontario with respect to the purchase of certain lands located on Victoria Avenue.