A new gymnastics academy will starting up here this fall.
Town council is expected this evening to endorse entering into an agreement with the Rainy Lake Gymnastics Academy to operate out of the Memorial Sports Centre auditorium.
Gymnastics equipment will be set up in that space but be moved or taken down as required for other events scheduled in the auditorium.
The auditorium will continue to be used for fitness classes and by the Rainy Lake Air Cadets.
Tonight's council meeting will follow the committee of the whole meeting, which gets underway at 5:30 p.m.
Three in-camera items are on the agenda first, which involves litigation or potential litigation on Agency One matters, Nelson Street property and a request to purchase a laneway.
Other business on the agenda tonight includes:
- a presentation from economic development consultant Tannis Drysdale re: economic development activity and Enhanced Sustainable Forest License project agreement approval;
- a request from La Place Rendez-Vous re: water/sewer charges during the billing periods of May/June 2017 and July/August 2017;
- a request from La Verendrye Hospital re: cross on the public roadway from the exit of the staff parking lot and Sinclair Street;
- •a recommendation re: a site specific Official Plan amendment and zoning application for 821 McIrvine Rd.;
- a recommendation re: an agreement with Heikki Lampi Sand and Gravel Ltd. to install a new septic system at the Fort Frances Airport;
- a resolution to support an application to the Ministry of Transportation 2019/2020 Connecting Link program for the reconstruction of King's Highway from Pit Road #1 to Oakwood Road; and
- a resolution to support an application to the Ministry of Transportation 2019/2020 Connecting Link program for the reconstruction of Scott Street from Colonization Road East to Reid Avenue.