Town council will learn more about the Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op during its regular meeting tonight.
Anita Marcotte, community co-ordinator for the co-op, will make a presentation on a regional food charter for Northwestern Ontario.
The purpose of this charter would be to create a food system to ensure all community members have access to adequate healthy, safe, affordable, and culturally-appropriate food.
The meeting will follow the committee of the whole meeting, which starts at 5:30 p.m. but will begin with an in-camera discussion of one item regarding property.
Other business on the agenda includes:
- a letter of resignation from the BIA board by local businesswoman Jennifer Horton;
- a letter from Brian Gustafson, staff advisor to Fort Frances High School's “Chem-Free Grad” committee, re: a donation;
- a letter from A. Werenko, owner of the Rainy Lake Plaza, re: an application for a rebate on property taxes;
- a bylaw to authorize the entering into a renewal lease agreement with Bearskin Lake Air Service LP at the Fort Frances Airport;
- minutes of settlement for 2017 for property located at 1210 Old Shambles Rd.;
- zoning designation changes for properties located at 560 Webster Ave. and 201 Minnie Ave.; and
- a draft site control plan agreement with the Northwest Catholic District School Board.