Mayor Roy Avis has appointed councillors to executive committees for the next two years.
The changes are as follows:
- Administration and Finance—Couns. Wendy Brunetta, Ken Perry, and Paul Ryan;
- Community Services—Couns. Brunetta, John Albanese, and Doug Kitowski;
- Operations and Facilities—Couns. June Caul, Perry, and Ryan; and
- Planning and Development—Couns. Albanese, Caul, and Kitowski.
Chairs will be selected by their respective committees.
The appointments run from Dec. 1-Nov. 30, 2018.
The remaining committee appointments remain unchanged.
Also at Monday night’s meeting, council:
- approved travel and per diems claims, in the amount of $255.51, as submitted by Mayor Roy Avis for his attendance at the AMO’s “What’s Next Ontario?” session held Oct. 19 in Dryden;
- approved travel and per diems claims, in the amount of $201, as submitted by Coun. Ken Perry for attendance at the same AMO session;
- referred a letter from Murray Cawston, re: reimbursement of expenses, to the Operations and Facilities executive committee for its recommendation;
- referred a letter from Jennifer and Bruce Lidkea, re: outdoor swimming pool bylaw concerns, to the Planning and Development executive committee for its recommendation;
- passed a bylaw to approve a partnership agreement with the Rainy River District School Board re: Extended Day Program; and
- passed a bylaw to approve an extension to the licence agreement with the Ministry of the Environment (this is an agreement to operate a reference weather climate station at the Fort Frances Airport).