Town council can expect to get at least some input on its 2016 budget this evening.
Written submissions have been made by Bob Tkachuk, chair of the Multi-Use Tennis Court Committee, Rick Wiedenhoeft, chair of the Police Services Board, and Jennifer Greenhalgh, president of the Fort Frances Chamber of Commerce.
No one is on the agenda to speak in person.
While council prefers that the public let them know they are coming so they can be included on the agenda, residents still can show up at tonight’s meeting to make written or oral submissions.
Time limits will be imposed and there will be no debate on any one item.
The committee of the whole meeting starts first at 5:30 p.m., but will be in-camera for an unspecified period of time.
Other business on the agenda includes:
- a verbal update on capital projects;
- a long-term (2015-21) financial plan for the town’s water and wastewater systems;
- reports re: conditions and marketing for the Huffman subdivision lots and land sale policies;
- amendments to the traffic control bylaw, including a new loading zone for Lidkea Optometry and reverting several parking areas in the vicinity of Robert Moore School back to calendar parking full-time;
- a recommendation re: in-kind service requests from the BIA;
- a recommendation re: a new columbarium at Riverview Cemetery;
- a request for a waterfront bench from Tammy Wihnan; and
- bylaws to authorize multiple private hangar lot lease agreements at the Fort Frances Airport.