Do you know a young person who is involved in worthwhile community service, is contributing while living with a limitation, has performed an heroic act, demonstrates individual excellence, or is going above and beyond to help others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you can nominate them today to be recognized with an Ontario Junior Citizen Award.
Nominate an outstanding individual you know, and help us recognize the incredible determination, imagination, and spirit that make our lives and our communities better.
Who is eligible? Any Ontario resident between six and 17 in one of five areas:
- a person involved in worthwhile community service;
- a special young person contributing to their community while living with a physical or psychological limitation;
- an individual who has performed an act of heroism in the past year;
- excellence in achievement, such as the arts or athletics; or
- good kids who show a commitment to make life better for others and do more than is normally expected of someone their age.
The Fort Frances Times strongly supports this program because we care about the growth of our community. We look forward to providing recognition for such outstanding young people who continue to be an inspiration for others.
The awards program is co-ordinated by the Ontario Community Newspapers Association (OCNA), of which we are a member.
Up to 12 nominees will be chosen as the final recipients of the provincial award, and will be invited to a special ceremony held in the spring of 2020.
Nominate a deserving young person today and help us celebrate what makes our community great.
The nomination deadline for the 2019 Ontario Junior Citizen Awards is Nov. 30.
Nomination forms are available at the Fort Frances Times' office or online at www.ocna.org/juniorcitizen