We all know young people who are making a difference in our community or in the lives of others.
Perhaps they’re helping an elderly neighbour with yard work or shovelling snow. Or maybe volunteering their time and effort for a worthy cause.
Whatever the reason, if you know someone who deserves a large pat on the back, nominate them today for the Ontario Junior Citizen Awards.
Sponsored by the TD Bank Group and co-ordinated by the Ontario Community Newspapers Association, any Ontario resident aged six-17 is eligible to be chosen a final recipient of this award.
Individuals can be nominated in one of five areas:
- a person involved in worthwhile community service;
- a special person contributing to their community while living with a physical or psychological limitation;
- someone who has performed an act of heroism in the past year;
- excellence in achievement, such as the arts or athletics; or
- good kids who show a commitment to make life better for others, and do more than is normally expected of someone their age.
Up to 12 nominees will be chosen as the final recipients of the provincial award and will be invited to a special ceremony next spring in Toronto.
Nominate a deserving young person today. Help us pay tribute to our leaders of today and tomorrow.
The nomination deadline is Nov. 30.