On March 28, 2019 members of the Rainy River District Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), and the Rainy River District crime unit executed a search warrant at a residence in Atikokan.
The warrant followed an extensive investigation. As a result of the investigation, a 44-year-old Atikokan man has been charged criminally with the following offences:
- one count of theft over $5,000;
- one count of trafficking in property obtained by crime;
- one count of possess proceeds of crime over $5,000;
- three counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm; and
- four counts of careless storage of firearms and ammunition.
He will appear in Atikokan Provincial Court on May 29, 2019 at 10:00 am to answer to these charges.