The Northwest Catholic District School Board will hold its first meeting of the 2017-18 school year tomorrow (Sept. 9) beginning at 9:30 a.m. at the Finance Office in Dryden.
It also will be the first for Brendan Hyatt in his new role as director of education for the board.
Hyatt, who officially took over from now-retired Rick Boisvert on Sept. 1, has worked at the board for 16 years in the capacity of principal, Student Success Lead, and superintendent of education.
Other changes to board administration include Kim Anderson as the new School Effectiveness Lead and Brad Oster taking on the role of Student Success Lead.
Anderson has a 22-year history with the board as a teacher, curriculum co-ordinator, and principal at St. Francis, St. Michael's, and Our Lady of the Way.
Oster is new to the Catholic board but brings 17 years of experience as a teacher, administrator, and numeracy co-ordinator at the Rainy River District School Board.
Natalie Katona is being welcomed back to the board as the new Human Resources officer while Joelle Blanc-Paull was hired as executive assistant to the director of education to replace the retiring Cheryl Wilson.
Jackie Robinson will remain as assistant to the director of education while Seija Van Haesendonck continues to serve as superintendent of business and treasurer.
At tomorrow's meeting, trustees will:
- hear an IT/new website update presentation;
- discuss board committee reports;
- seek to approve the awarding of the Sacred Heart School traffic improvements tender to Finn Way General Contractor in the amount of $617,346.59;
- nominate a candidate for a position on the board of directors of the Ontario School Boards' Insurance Exchange;
- hear an update on the new school build for the consolidation of St. Francis and St. Michael's Schools; and
- receive a report on summer, 2017 facilities projects.