In the late evening of March 26, members of the OPP's Community Street Crime Unit, Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau, North West Region Emergency Response Team, and the Canine Unit executed a search warrant at a residence in Fort Frances.
In executing the warrant, investigating officers seized prohibited devices and a quantity of drugs suspected as fentanyl, heroin, marijuana, and hydromorphone.
As a result of the investigation, two males aged 38 and 33 and two females aged 33 and 24, all of Rainy River District, were charged with various offences.
- possession of a Schedule I substance;
- possession of a prohibited device;
- possession of ammunition contrary to a prohibition order; and
- possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
All four were released from custody by way of a promise to appear in court at a later date.
Meanwhile, on March 21, police conducted a drug investigation into the trafficking of crystal methamphetamine.
A 29-year-old female and 26-year-old male, both of Rainy River District, subsequently were charged with various offences, including:
- possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking (crystal methamphetamine);
- obstructing a peace officer;
- failure to comply with a recognizance;
- failure to comply with a probation order; and
- driving while licence was under suspension.
A quantity of crystal methamphetamine also was seized.
Both have been released pending court appearances at a later date.