The Riverview School graduation ceremony last week was a huge success for all the eager students and their families.
The graduating class consisted of 18 students, who collected multiple awards for kindness, as well as academic and athletic achievements.
“Evan Govier got up and sang to the graduating class, mostly to his little sister, Kiera, but I think the whole place shed a tear,” said Crystal Jorgenson, mother of graduating student Kolby St. Pierre.
“Mrs. Van Beek is to be thanked for a great graduation,” Jorgenson added.
“She is an awesome teacher.”
Awards were presented as follows:
- Delaney Byrnes Award for Kindness and Caring—Alyssa Wenell-Jack and Avery Kreger;
- Athletic Achievement—Connor Ivall and Katelyn Brown;
- Student Achievement—Carmen Gill;
- French Excellency—Madison Talbot;
- Top Female and Male Academic Achievement—Madison Talbot, Cassidy Spence, Olivia Kreger, and Patrick Boissonneault (honourable mention to Kirsten Armstrong and Naomi Carridice);
- Ontario Principals Council Student Leadership—Patrick Boissonneault; and
- Valedictorians-Kirsten Armstrong and Olivia Kreger
Each student also was given a golden star award, which stated their individual talent.
Congratulations to the graduating class, and good luck in your high school careers.