You are here

Four teens charged in threats

Category: 

MONTREAL—Four teens from western Quebec charged over threats against schools in their area now are accused in connection with a spate of bomb threats against schools in Quebec and Ontario earlier this week.

Quebec provincial police Capt. Guy Lapointe said yesterday that each of the teens now faces charges of uttering threats, conspiracy, and conveying false messages.

Lapointe said no explosive devices were found in the search of nearly 80 primary and secondary schools and junior colleges after threatening e-mails were sent Tuesday.

The teens—three boys and a girl aged 16 and 17 years old—were arrested Wednesday on mischief charges in connection with threats that took place a week ago in schools in the Gatineau and Ottawa area.

Lapointe said provincial police now are linking the four teens to the larger threat eaerlier this week.

Police say other arrests could be made.

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Google icon
LinkedIn icon
Pinterest icon
Reddit icon
e-mail icon