Town council will vote on a bylaw tonight to declare 363 Church St. (the former public library) as surplus land.
The declaration is a step in the ongoing process to find a new owner for the property.
Council has had ongoing negotiations with the Fort Frances Community Clinic, which has expressed interest in the property.
Other business on the agenda tonight includes:
- a tender to select a municipal special or hazardous waste service provider to host a household hazardous waste drop-off day event here this year;
- a report re: postage machine/meter replacement lease;
- an update on capital projects;
- recommendations from the executive committees re: federal community infrastructure improvement fund;
- a request from the Fort Frances Community Garden Committee re: a community garden proposal;
- recommendations from the Regional Municipality of Durham re: unpaid fines under the Provincial Offences Act;
- a bylaw to control and regulate outdoor burning;
- a bylaw to declare a property to be a public lane (this is property located between Fourth and Fifth Street East);
- a bylaw to declare certain property to be a public road (part of Shevlin Avenue); and
- authorization for the Fort Frances Power Corp. to prepare and deliver presentations on the matter of consolidation of Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) as proposed by the province.