EXCELLENT PEOPLE MAKE EXCELLENT BUSINESS
Norbord is the leading global OSB manufacturer. Our success comes from
hiring skilled and talented team members in all areas of our business.
We are dedicated to developing and retaining a strong and committed
workforce that ensures we remain at the front of manufacturing
excellence. At Norbord we are committed to teamwork and safety without
compromise. We are Stronger Together. We are currently seeking an
exceptional individual for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Area Manager of Blending,
Pressing, Forming, and Finishing will ensure that safety, quality, production
and raw material usage in the blending, forming, pressing, and finishing
areas is managed effectively and efficiently. The Area Manager will also
provide direct support and succession to the Production Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Create, maintain and work in a safe environment supporting the
company objective of “0” incident rate. Report and participate in
investigating safety incidents.
· Optimize production throughput levels for the Blending, Forming,
Pressing, Finishing Area through the management of raw materials and
· Evaluate and improve on manufacturing systems. Develop innovative
· Support operating and maintenance group to achieve high performance
execution of the Blending/Forming/Pressing and Finishing areas.
· Collaboratively prepare weekly schedules with Area Leaders.
· Conduct investigations into unplanned events- Root Cause Analysis
· Develop safe department procedures and safe work practices
· Maintain high housekeeping standards
· Enter all production, quality, and downtime at end of each shift.
· Direct and indirectly supervise 5-20 subordinates.
· To motivate, educate, train and support the ongoing knowledge and
development of individual crew members.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be prepared to develop their knowledge in
the operation and be prepared to advance into the Production Manager
role. They should have in excess of 5 years of management/supervisory
experience in the forest products industry or manufacturing environment
and have completed post-secondary education at minimum. Preference
will be given to candidates possessing a BSc- Engineering or other Wood
Science degree. Strong working knowledge of software applications such
as Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word are required.
· Competitive salary based on education/experience
· Defined Contribution Plan
· Health, dental, and vision plan
· Life insurance
Interested applicants should send their letter of application and current
resume Friday February 28, 2020 to Tanya Townson:
Email: email@example.com Fax: 807-487-1131
Mail: Norbord Inc. Attention: Human Resources
Box 2000 / Barwick, ON P0W 1A0