(February 24, 2020 to December 18, 2020)
(Posted - February 3, 2020)
Seven Generations Education Institute requires a Computer
Instructor(s) to teach computer classes for youth and adults.
Teaching assignments may include evenings or off-campus work
and on line delivery methods. The computer instructor will be
responsible for teaching programming and usage skills to students.
- Coordinate computer training with the Project Manager.
- Teach computer courses in server operating systems, networking,
software applications, Microsoft office and any other related courses.
Advise student(s) on appropriate curriculum.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with students
- Design or modify course curriculum/materials, ensure assessments
and evaluations are completed.
- Manage and supervise students.
- Evaluate and report student progress.
- Encourage the development of communication skills.
- Must have the ability to function well in a team setting and must be
able to work in community setting(s).
- Ability to exercise good judgement and focus on detail as required.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology
or related field, preferred;
- Evidence and effective teaching experience;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as well as strong
interpersonal, organizational and computer skills;
- Knowledge and experience in teaching Microsoft Office, other
hardware, PC Platform, server operating systems, networking and
- Crucial to this position is a demonstrated ability to understand cultural
influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern
- Ability and willingness to stay current with industry standards
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language, preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with colleagues
- Physical requirements may include being able to lift, stand, reach,
climb, pull, carry and use appropriate judgement.
REMUNERATION: All Instructor rates are based on strict funding
LOCATION: Kenora and Fort Frances, Ontario
HOUR(S): Part-time and evening based program(s) with three (3) to six
(6) hours of instruction per week.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including
three (3) employment related references; one (1) of which must be
from a current or recent supervisor. Please submit by 12:00 p.m. (CST)
on Friday, February 14, 2020, to the attention of the:
Seven Generations Education Institute,
1452 Idylwild Drive, P.O. Box 297
Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M3
Fax#: (807) 274-8761 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank everyone for their application, but only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation
in the recruitment process is available for applicants with
disabilities. For a complete job description, please contact, Michelle
Allan, Director of Human Resources.