MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Program Manager, the mental health worker is
responsible for the delivery of mental health services to individuals and
families, which includes counseling, support and case management
services as well as general education and mental health promotion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mental health counseling and support to individuals, families
and groups in the community;
- Act as part of an inter-disciplinary team and work closely with primary
- Conduct case conferencing and joint client care planning with other
agencies as necessary and required;
- Plan, coordinate and deliver workshops and community education
programs in each of the 10 First Nation communities, the Métis and
Friendship Centre based on identified needs;
- Participate in health fairs where information will be provided about
family violence, drug and alcohol abuse, suicide, and grief;
- Maintain accurate and up to date electronic charts related to client
interactions, and Ministry mandated reporting requirements.
- University Degree in Social Work or related field;
- 2-3 years’ experience;
- Excellent oral and written communications;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license;
- Ability to speak Ojibway an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, covering letter, 3
work related references and written authorization to contact references
no later than October 11, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre
P.O. Box 686
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M9
We thank all candidates in advance, however,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.