Fort Frances, ONTARIO
(Posted: September 16, 2019)
Seven Generations Education Institute requires one (1) full time
Custodian. This position will be based out of our office in Fort Frances.
The Custodian will be responsible for cleaning, vacuuming, sanitizing
washrooms and floors, dusting, emptying garbage and other duties
related to janitorial services. Other maintenance services will be required
such as moving furniture, painting, grass cutting and snow removal.
SUPERVISOR: Facility/Maintenance Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Education, preferred;
- Two years direct experience as a custodian, preferred;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety of janitorial products for use
- Must be a self-starter and work independently.
- Sweep and/or vacuum floors;
- Clean and sanitize hallway floors, classrooms and offices;
- Clean and sanitize washrooms;
- Refill paper products for washrooms;
- Garbage collection and removal from all offices;
- Ensure adequate level of inventory is maintained for janitorial products;
- Ensure janitorial products are stored and used according to
manufacturer’s Health and Safety recommendations;
- Maintenance such as moving furniture, painting, grass cutting,
snow removal and moving items to and from storage.
RELATIONSHIPS: Positive and professional attitude required for the
interaction with students, staff and guests.
- Indoors under good conditions;
- Working Outdoors will be a requirement of this position;
- Some travel may be required;
- Hours will vary: Monday to Friday with occasional weekends
Schedule will rotate: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Fort Frances, Ontario
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including
three (3) employment related references; one (1) of which must be
from a current or recent supervisor. Please submit by 12:00 p.m. (CST)
on Tuesday September 24, 2019 to the attention of:
Seven Generations Education Institute,
P.O. Box 297, 1452 Idylwild Drive
Fort Frances, Ontario
Fax#: (807) 274-8761
For a complete job description contact: Michelle Allan, Director of
Human Resources. We would like to thank everyone for their application
but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for
applicants with disabilities.