The Town of Fort Frances is accepting applications
for the position of
STUDENT MUSEUM ATTENDANT
The incumbent assists in the operation of the Fort Frances Museum &
Cultural Centre and Heritage Sites.
- Assist in the daily operation of the Museum and Heritage Sites
opening, closing, admissions, sales, minor maintenance and
care-taking duties, security and providing information to visitors
including information on museum operations and general tourist
information of the area.
- Assists in cataloguing, exhibit construction and public programming.
- The incumbent is required to work a varying schedule. No additional
hours are generated.
- Flexible schedule of work usually include summer hours between
9:00 am and 6:00 pm Sunday to Saturday, and occasionally into the
- Off-season hours include Saturdays, the occasional Sunday and
- Attendants work 90% of the average workday in a shared office or
open museum setting with occasional outside work or in spaces
with limited climate control.
Education and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of Grade 9 is required.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have experience working
with the public, knowledge of computers, and an interest in history.
Please submit completed application packages via:
Or in a sealed envelope marked “Student Museum Attendant”
Beverley Cochrane, Assistant Curator
Fort Frances Museum & Cultural Centre
259 Scott Street
Fort Frances, ON P9A 1G8
Deadline for applications: August 8, 2019 @ 5:00 pm