Rainy River First Nations
Invites applications for the position of
Community Wellness Worker
The Community Wellness Worker is a full-time permanent position. The
Community Worker will be responsible for ensuring that healing and wellness
services and programs are provided for the community members of Rainy
River First Nations.
The Community Worker will work with youth, parents and Elders, to empower
the youth to organize and manage programs and activities to develop and
strengthen leadership skills.
The Community Worker will be a member of the Social Services Committee
team which is committed to improving the social, emotional and physical
health of community members. The Community Worker will act as Chair of
the Social Services Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and participate in community workshops,
community planning processes, programs and training.
- Support youth to empower them to organize and manage programs and
activities that will develop and strengthen leadership skills.
- Plan, organize and coordinate a communication network for youth, parents
- Elders. Plan, organize and coordinate self improvement programs and
- Plan, organize and coordinate community oriented activities for youth and
Elders that will foster new initiatives and cultural programs.
- Coordinate the efforts of the social and health services team which will
provide a team approach for the provision of an effective and efficient social
and health services to the community members.
Terms and Conditions:
- Successful candidate must provide a current Driver’s Abstract, current
Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening
satisfactory to the First Nation.
- Must sign and abide by the Oath of Confidentiality.
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations Drug Testing Policy.
- Possess First Aid/CPR Certificate or obtain within one (1) month of hire.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, which will include evenings and
- Must have valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle.
Notice: All employees of KNCWN and Rainy River First Nations are subject
to random drug testing.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on Friday, July 26, 2019. Applications
must include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two (2) of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: Verna DeBungie, Human Resources
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON, P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human Resources
Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those
invited for an interview will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nation is an equal opportunity employer.