Big Grassy First Nation
invites applications for
The Case Aide is a contract term program support position. The Case
Aide provides assistance and support to the front-line workers of
the CCP team and is responsible for case management services to
children in care and families for which they service.
The role of the Case Aide is based on establishing a trusting
relationship with families and individuals in order to help and to support
them and as such will not undertake protection responsibilities within
the team, however still has a duty to report.
This is a contract term position.
- Community college diploma or high school diploma with 2 years
direct related experience. However, others with a combination of
skills, education and experience that would allow them to do the job
may be considered;
- Basic knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and
- Sound knowledge of customary care and the philosophy of service
delivery, the community and family structure as well as the First
Nation customs and traditions;
- Working knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services including the service deliver model,
policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Strong commitment to help children and their families by providing
support services in a way that respect the First Nations’ cultural and
- Commitment to provide support services in the Anishinaabe context
of extended family and community involvement;
- Committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff,
management, children and their families and caregivers;
- Ability to take direction and work within the philosophy, policies,
procedures and guidelines;
- Experience working with high risk and special needs children;
- General knowledge of children’s developmental needs;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy being with children and families;
- Good oral and written communication skills and to prepare detailed
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates;
- Ability to flex daily work hours as determined by the supervisor;
- Must possess a valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License and be
wiling to travel;
- Must provide a clear criminal reference/vulnerable sector check and
a driver’s abstract.
This position is full time with a 3-month probationary period.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline is Friday, July 19th 2019, 12:00 noon.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please send resume along with three work related references to:
Paul Duguay – Human Resource Officer
Big Grassy River First Nation
P.O. Box 414
Morson, Ontario P0W 1J0
or drop off at:
Big Grassy Band Office
410 Anishinabe Way
Big Grassy River First Nation
Preferred: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications will be shortlisted in accordance with
qualifications and only those applicants granted an interview will be