SEINE RIVER FIRST NATION
Invites applications for
The Family Preservation Worker is a full time, professional position.
The Family Preservation worker will acknowledge and integrate
cultural competence and abide by all community values, traditions
and protocols. The Family Preservation Worker will work within the
Community Care Program as part of the team. Services to be provided
within the context of a home based method of practice.
- Social Work Diploma or related field;
- Knowledge of best practices in child welfare ie) strength based
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in case management in the
area of social work;
- Experience in assessing client and family strengths and needs, and
in preparing family assessments and service plans. Possess strong
written, communication and computer skills;
- Knowledge and experience in traditional contemporary healing
practices, and experience in working with elders, healers and
- Ability to speak Anishinabemowin is an asset;
- Must have an understanding of Seine River First Nation Customs
- Experience and or commitments to non-punitive, healing practice;
- Thorough knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and
Regulations specifically pertaining to First Nations (Part 4);
- Knowledge of child development, parenting education and community
and district resources;
- Must have own vehicle or have access to one and produce valid
class G driver’s license.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications
DEADLINE: July 12, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Please send resume, with three job related references, attention:
Community Care Supervisor or Director of Services
Seine River First Nation
P.O. Box 124,
Mine Centre, Ontario P0W 1H0
Late applications will be returned unopened. Only successful
applicants will be contacted for interviews. In person interviews only, no
telephone interviews. Successful candidates will be required to submit
recent Vulnerable Sector check and Driver’s abstract. Complete job
descriptions are available at Administrative office. Priority will be given
to Community Members with the same qualification.