RAINY RIVER FIRST NATIONS
Invites applications for the position of
& Aftercare Worker
Reporting to the Director of Treatment and Recovery Services, the Early
Intervention & Aftercare Worker is responsible for addictions and mental
health counselling. Substance abuse assessment, pre-treatment services and
aftercare and relapse prevention services are a priority.
- A minimum two-year Addictions or Social Work Diploma or related
- A minimum two years’ experience in the field of addictions or a
combination of training and experience in working with First Nations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues related to addiction and recovery;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nation and the community’s culture,
beliefs and traditional lifestyles;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Reference Check satisfactory
to the First Nation;
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy;
- Must have the ability to work flexible work hours, which may include
evenings and weekends;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on June 21, 2019. Applications must
include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: Verna DeBungie,
Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON, P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human
Resources Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nations is an equal opportunity employer.