RAINY RIVER FIRST NATIONS
Invites applications for the position of
The Workshop Coordinator will report to the Curator and will be
responsible for overseeing the organization and implementation of a
series of programming workshops over the course of twelve months. All
workshops will take place on KNCWN grounds and will feature 15 different
types of traditional Anishinaabe technologies used over thousands of years.
This position is a temporary, full-time (35 hours a week) position beginning
May 6, 2019 until May 15, 2020, with an hourly wage of $19.00/hour.
- Coordinate purchase of all supplies needed for workshops.
- Oversee and coordinate registration and necessary staff scheduling.
- Instruct workshops or oversee and assist guest instructors.
- Direct rotating roster of youth assistants.
- Communicate, organize, and facilitate travel arrangement with guest
- Be willing and able to learn new skills.
- Complete administrative and analytical duties as required.
- Provide progress reports and/or presentations as requested.
- Monitor and maintain a safe work area.
- Experience with project management and public speaking is an asset.
- Must be willing and able to learn new skills in short time periods.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Familiarity with Anishnaabe culture and the history of northwestern
Ontario is an asset.
- Detail-oriented and ability to accurately record information.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and function as
part of a team.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in data entry and
experience with Microsoft office programs and Macintosh products.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Reference Check satisfactory
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle or ability to find
alternate means of transportation.
Notice: All employees of KNCWN and Rainy River First Nations are
subject to random drug testing.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on June 21, 2019. Applications must
include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: Verna DeBungie,
Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON, P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human
Resources Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada.