RAINY RIVER FIRST NATIONS
Invites applications for the position of
Child Mental Wellness Worker
- Child First Initiative (JP-CFI)
The Child Mental Wellness Worker, Jordan’s Principle - Child First
Initiative, is a full time, community based, professional position. Reporting
to the Jordan’s Principle - Child First Initiative Manager, the JP-CFI
Child Mental Wellness Worker will work within the health care team.
The Child Mental Wellness Worker will work in collaboration with an
- Bachelor’s of Social Work, Psychology and/or equivalent, or;
- Diploma of Social Work or related program and a minimum of two (2)
- Knowledge of Jordan’s Principle, Child’s First Initiative;
- Knowledge and experience in mental health diagnoses and management
- Knowledge and experience of ADHD, Autism, FASD, grief, trauma;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nations and a good understanding and
respect for the Rainy River First Nations’ culture, traditions, practices
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment;
- Strong communication, critical thinking and organizational skills are
- Proficient with computer programs, including Word, Excel;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Abide by policies and procedures of Rainy River First Nations’, including
the drug testing policy;
- Must provide a Criminal Background Check that is satisfactory to Rainy
River First Nations;
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and vehicle access or reliable means of
transportation to and from work;
- Must sign and abide by Oath of Confidentiality;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which will include evenings,
weekends and holidays.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on June 21, 2019. Applications must
include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: Verna DeBungie,
Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON, P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human
Resources Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nations is an equal opportunity employer.