RAINY RIVER FIRST NATIONS
Invites applications for the position of
Reporting to the Manager of Administration, the Manager will be
responsible for provisions and maintenance of high quality and affordable
housing for the First Nation members. This includes inspection of all
community houses, and the coordination of repairs, general maintenance
and renovations as required.
- Diploma or Degree in Construction or Architectural Technology or
Engineering or equivalent of Grade 12 diploma and/or five (5) years
supervisory experience within a carpentry or construction environment;
- Knowledge of current building code requirements;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nations housing program and the
community’s culture, beliefs, traditional lifestyles and socio-economic
- Familiarity with housing programs such as those provided by C.M.H.C.
- Extensive experience with managing budgets
- Data management experience is an asset
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide a current Criminal Reference Check satisfactory
to the First Nation;
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations Drug Testing policy;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on June 21, 2019. Applications must
include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to: Verna DeBungie,
Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P.O. Box 450
Emo ON, P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human
Resources Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nations is an equal opportunity employer.