Mitaanjigamiing First Nation
is seeking a
The Ganawendaasowin Supervisor is a full-time, permanent,
professional position and is responsible for the supervision
and overall development of Ganawendaasowin Program. The
Ganawendaasowin Supervisor is responsible for working
collaboratively with Weechi-it-te-win Family Services (WFS)
and Ganawendaasowin Team and is responsible for fulfilling
roles and duties as outlined in job description. Together with the
Ganawendaasowin team, the Ganawendaasowin Supervisor provides
case management, supervision, and support for all caregivers,
children in care and their families. The Ganawendaasowin Supervisor
is the primary liaison with the WFS and the Ganawendaasowin Team.
The Ganawendaasowin Supervisor reports to the First Nation
Manager and ensures adherence to Mitaanjigamiing First Nation
Policies, along with the Addendum to Consolidated Services
Agreement. The Ganawendaasowin Supervisor will ensure
file compliance. To abide by the policies and procedures of
Mitaanjigamiing First Nation. To attend staff meetings and relevant
training and workshops.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited University,
diploma in social services; extensive experience in child welfare
will be considered in lieu of education;
- Working knowledge of Child and Family Services Act
- Working knowledge of the customs and practices of the
Ganawendaasowin Program and the Weechi-it-te-win case
management model, its procedures and documentation;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in case management and the
provision of counseling and support service for children and other
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Must have grade 12 diploma;
- Experience in community development, group facilitation and
preparing and presenting workshops;
- 4 years experience in the recruitment and supervision of
Alternative Care or Customary Care homes and training
- Ability to coordinate traditional and contemporary healing practices,
and experience in working with Elders, healers and clinicians is
- Ability to speak the Ojibway language is an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must provide a vulnerable sector screening and drivers abstract
that is satisfactory to the Mitaanjigamiing First Nation.
- Subject to Consolidated Services Agreement/Addendums &
Budgets approved by Mitaanjigamiing First Nation and
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services.
Application deadline date is June 12, 2019 at Noon.
A full benefits package is available and salary will depend on
experience and qualifications.
All applicants must provide a resume and cover letter, including 3
references (with permission to contact references) to: Carol Quagon,
Human Resources Coordinator.
Please drop off applications in person at the front desk or email to
email@example.com or fax:807-274-4774 Attention: Carol Quagon,
HR Coordinator to ensure that it is properly recorded. Full Job
Description is available by calling our office (807) 274-2188.
While all applications are appreciated, only those applicants selected
for interview will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.