WORKFORCE LITERACY AND
ESSENTIAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Fort Frances Ontario
(Posted: Monday May 13, 2019)
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the instructor is to develop
adult learners reading, writing and numeracy skills. In carrying out these
responsibilities the teacher must, whenever possible, relate the material
to Anishinaabe culture and values.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of an Ontario Teachers Certificate with membership in the
Ontario College of Teachers;
- An understanding and appreciation of the unique characteristics,
strengths and issues related to adult learners;
- An understanding and appreciation of the cultural heritage and values
of Anishinaabe people.
RESPONSIBILITIES – MAJOR:
- To teach adult learners numeracy, literacy, job readiness skills and
introduction to computers;
- Maintain a record of tracking adult learner’s progress;
- Attend regular meetings with other instructors to discuss the progress
of adult learners;
- Maintain a liaison with community leaders and Elders in Treaty #3.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Primarily indoors under good conditions;
- Vehicle a must;
- Regular travel to Treaty #3 communities under all weather conditions;
- Usually small classes with numerous “one-on-one” tutorial sessions;
- Excellent support staff and equipment.
SALARY: The rate is based on a strict funding allocation.
LOCATIONS: Fort Frances, Ontario
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12:00 p.m. (CST), Friday May 24, 2019
Please send a copy of your resume with a covering letters and three (3)
references; one of which must be from a current supervisor.
Please submit your applications to:
Seven Generations Education Institute,
P.O. Box 297, 1452 Idylwild Drive
Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M6
Or email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those individuals who
are selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation in the recruitment
process is available for applicants with disabilities. For a complete job description,
please contact, Michelle Allan - Director of Human Resources..