Invites applications for the position of
CHILD MENTAL WELLNESS WORKER
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE –
CHILD FIRST INITIATIVE (JP-CFI)
The Child Mental Wellness Worker, Jordan’s Principle-Child First Initiative,
is a full time, community based, professional position. Reporting to the
Jordan’s Principle-Child First Initiative Manager, the JP-CFI Child Mental
Wellness Worker will work within the health care team. The Child Mental
Wellness Worker will work in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Psychology and/or equivalent, or;
- Diploma of Social Work or related program and a minimum of two (2)
- Knowledge of Jordan’s Principle, Child’s First Initiative;
- Knowledge and experience in mental health diagnoses and
- Knowledge and experience of ADHD, Autism, FASD, grief, trauma;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nations and a good understanding and
respect for the Rainy River First Nations’ culture, traditions, practices
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment;
- Strong communication, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Proficient with computer programs, including Word, Excel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Abide by policies and procedures of Rainy River First Nations’, including
the drug testing policy;
- Must provide a Criminal Background Check that is satisfactory to Rainy
River First Nations;
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and vehicle access or reliable means of
transportation to and from work;
- Must sign and abide by Oath of Confidentiality;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which will include evenings,
weekends and holidays.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM Friday May 24, 2019. Applications
must include a cover letter, current resume, three (3) employment related
references, two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor, with
permission to contact the references.
Please submit application to:
Verna DeBungie, Human Resources
Rainy River First Nations
Emo, ON P0W 1E0
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie at (807) 482-2479
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nation is an equal opportunity employer.