Invites applications for the position of
Reporting to the Manager of Administration, the Manager will be
responsible for provision and maintenance of high quality and affordable
housing for the First Nation members. This includes the inspection of all
community houses, and the coordination of repairs, general maintenance
and renovations as required.
- Diploma or Degree in Construction or Architectural Technology or
Engineering or equivalent of Grade 12 diploma and/or five (5) years
supervisory experience within a carpentry or construction environment;
- Knowledge of current building code requirements;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of Rainy River First Nations housing program and the
community’s culture, beliefs, traditional lifestyles and socio-economic
- Familiarity with housing programs such as those provided by C.M.H.C.
- Extensive experience with managing budgets
- Data management experience is an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide a current Criminal Reference Check
satisfactory to the First Nation;
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on Thursday May 23, 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, three (3)
employment related references, (two (2) of which must be from a current or
recent supervisor), with permission to contact these references.
Please submit application to:
Verna DeBungie – Human Resources
Rainy River First Nations
Box 450 Emo, ON POW lEO
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human Resources
Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.
The Rainy River First Nation is an equal opportunity employer.