WEECH-IT-TE-WIN FAMILY SERVICES
invites applications for the position of
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – (1) POSITION
The Telemental Health Administrative Assistant (TMHAA) is a part-time,
permanent administrative position. The Telemental Health Administrative
Assistant will work within a culturally competent system of care and as such
will acknowledge and incorporate, at all levels, the importance of culture,
the expansion of cultural knowledge, and the overall vision of Weechi-it-tewin Family Services.
The Telemental Health Administrative Assistant will provide assistance to
the Tele Mental Health Coordinator. It is the responsibility of the Telemental
Health Administrative Assistant to provide coverage for the Tele Mental
The Telemental Health Administrative Assistant shall be knowledgeable
about the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) and its equipment –how
to set up, trouble shoot problems, multiple site usage, and ensure efficient
pathways between sites and hubs.
The Telemental Health Administrative Assistant reports to the Tele Mental
Health Services Coordinator.
1. An understanding and appreciation of Anishinaabe cultural beliefs,
values, norms, ceremony, teachings and a commitment to continue
learning, participating and advocating during any opportunity
provided by the Agency or Community.
2. Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12) or equivalent and
specialized course work in general business practice, secretarial
writing, typing and word processing.
3. Minimum of 2 years experience in operating a microcomputer/laptop
in an office setting.
4. Minimum of 2 years experience in general office administration and
5. An ability to establish/maintain a filing system for clientele.
6. A demonstrated knowledge of English spelling, grammar, and
7. Some experience in working with children/youth would be preferred.
8. The ability to speak Ojibwe is an asset.
9. Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide a driver’s
10. Must submit a satisfactory vulnerable sector check as a condition of
11. Must adhere to the highest level of confidentiality.
Application must include:
3 Cover Letter – signed and dated
3 Three references (one must be employment related)
along with written permission to contact references
- Applications submitted without all above required documentation
will not be considered
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Complete job descriptions available upon request
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION:
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
Friday, May 17, 2019 4:00 pm
Weechi-it-te-win Family Services
P.O. Box 812
Fort Frances ON P9A 3N1
Phone number: (807) 274-3201 ext. 4021
Fax number: (807) 274-8435
Email to: email@example.com