Invites applications for the position of
The Museum Intern will report to the Museum Assistant and Museum
Technician. They will aid the Museum Assistant in the rehousing of the
existing archaeological and ethnological collection into updated storage
containers. They may also aid in the completion of minor renovations or
installations and the acquisition of materials and supplies. On-site training
in basic data entry, artifact photography, and record keeping may take
place. This position is a temporary, part-time (21 hours per week) position
beginning May 6, 2019 until November 1, 2019, with an hourly wage of
- Rehouse artifacts under the direction and supervision of the
- Aid in the construction of customized storage containers.
- Distribute all pre-made artifact cards into appropriate object bags.
- Scan contextual information and photograph artifacts as needed.
Must use proper lighting and photo editing techniques (on-site
- Maintain safe work area.
- May be asked to present progress reports on behalf of the
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Must be comfortable with handling artifacts and sensitive objects.
- Must have an interest in the archaeological and cultural history of the
Rainy River region.
- Must be willing to learn new skills
- Must have basic computer skills. Experience or proficiency in Microsoft
Office programs or Apple products is an asset.
- Familiarity with photo-editing software is an asset.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Reference Check satisfactory
- Must adhere to the Rainy River First Nations’ Drug Testing Policy.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle or ability to find
alternate means of transportation.
NOTICE: All employees of KNCWN and Rainy River First Nations are subject
to random drug testing.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 PM on April 26th, 2019. Applications must
include a cover letter, current resume, and three (3) employment related
references (two of which must be from a current or recent supervisor) with
permission to contact these references..
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Verna DeBungie, Human Resources Officer
Rainy River First Nations
P. O. Box 450
Emo ON, POW lEO
For further information, please contact Verna DeBungie, Human
Resources Officer at (807) 482-2479 ext. 249.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada.